Sat, 13 May|
NOTICE OF SPECIAL CONVOCATION ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2023
In accordance with the Statute of the Durban University of Technology (DUT), notice is hereby given that the Special Annual General Meeting of the Convocation of the Durban University of Technology.
Time & Location
13 May 2023, 10:00
Durban, 71 Ritson Rd, Musgrave, Durban, 4001, South Africa
About the event
In accordance with the Statute of the Durban University of Technology (DUT), notice is hereby given that the Special Annual General Meeting of the Convocation of the Durban University of Technology will be held on Saturday, 13 May 2023 at Hotel School Conference Centre, DUT, commencing at 10:00 am.
The Convocation of the DUT is made up of:
(1) The recipients of certificates, diplomas and degrees conferred by the Institution and its predecessor institutions;
(2) The permanent academic staff of the Institution, professors emeriti of the Institution and its predecessor Institutions, and all other retired academic staff who had been on the permanent staff in continuous employment for not less than 10 years immediately prior to retirement; and
(3) The Vice-Chancellor and Deputy Vice-Chancellors of the Institution
2. Welcome address by Convocation President, Ms Zama Mncube
3. Notice Convening the Meeting
3.2 Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on Saturday, 20 November 2021 and the Special Annual General Meeting held on
Saturday, 02 April 2022.
4. Update on DUT Matters
5. Report from the President of Convocation
6. Additional proposed amendments to the Constitution of Convocation
7.1. Pre-nomination Report
7.2. Election of 8 members to the Executive Committee of Convocation
7.3. Election of 1 internal support staff
7.4. Election of 3 Academic staff
1. Nominations will be conducted in accordance with Clauses 8.1 and 10.4.1 of the Constitution of Convocation
2. Nomination forms may be downloaded from the Convocation website. Completed nomination forms must be submitted to the
Advancement and Alumni Relations Office by no later than 12h30 on Friday, 05 May 2023.
Eligibility for Election on to the Executive Committee of Convocation
Executive Committee members must satisfy the following criteria:
• Has received an initial qualification from DUT (or its legacy institutions; ML Sultan or Natal Technikon) for a period of five years prior to the elective AGM.
• Has a minimum of five years corporate / workplace experience.
• Must be a graduate in good standing with no blemish on his / her university record.
• Someone who is willing to listen openly to the ideas of others and ready to offer substantive input on alumni-related issues.
• A person who is willing to represent the Executive Committee of Convocation at various sub–committee levels.
3. No late nominations will be accepted.
• Nomination Process: 24 April - 05 May 2023
• Voting: 13 May 2023 • Time: Voting will take place at the appropriate time during the meeting - as per the agenda.
• Election results: 13 May 2023.
NB: YOU MUST RSVP AS THIS WILL SERVE AS REGISTRATION FOR VOTING. IF YOU DO NOT RSVP, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO VOTE! VOTING WILL BE STRICTLY ELECTRONIC. NO MANUAL VOTING WILL TAKE PLACE
Documents available on the website: www.dut.ac.za, click on “Alumni”
• Draft minutes of the AGM held on Saturday, 20 November 2021 and the Special AGM held on Saturday, 2 April 2022
• Constitution of Convocation
RSVP to the AGM by no later than 16h30 on Monday, 08 May 2023 to email@example.com
- Draft Minutes of an Annual General Meeting of Convocation held virtually on Saturday, 20 November 2021
- Draft Minutes of the Special Annual General Meeting of Convocation held virtually on Saturday, 2 April 2022
- Constitution of the DUT Convocation DUT incorporating amendments from the revised Statute.